The Project entitled “Pieskowa Skała. Conservation of architectonic qualities of the castle and expanding the education-cultural offer” is carried out as part of the Programme of “Conservation and Revitalisation of Cultural and National Heritage” co-financed from the EEA Financial Mechanism 2009-2014 and from the Norwegian Financial Mechanism.
The castle complex of Pieskowa Skała underwent a set of conservation and adaptation works which started in the late 1940s and finished in the early 1960s. After 50 years, the whole site requires another extensive revitalization activities to be carried out.
The scope of works which have been given priority status addresses mainly the issue of the advancing deterioration of the historical complex, the need to organize the issues related to tourism management, and the necessity to improve the quality of the provided services.
The Project involves:
- Conducting a multi-disciplinary conservation of the castle, which is to cover: the facades of the main body, the walls and bastions, and the courtyard of the castle.
- Inspection of elements of ornamentation of the interiors of the Chapel of St. Michael the Archangel in order to identify and learn of its original decor, as well as selecting the best methods of protection and conservation thereof.
- Converting the Castle’s outbuilding for cultural-education purposes, as well as purchasing all the necessary equipment.
- Digitalization of selected exhibits, preparation of interactive multimedia presentations and videos, developing promotional-educational animations, visualizations, and games.
- Purchase and installation of information media in the outer courtyard: information kiosk, mobile display system, castle scale model for the visually impaired.
COST OF THE PROJECT PLN 12,792,512.00
EEA SUBSIDY - 85%
MINISTRY OF CULTURE & NATIONAL HERITAGE SUBSIDY - 15%
Project Manager – Hubert Piątkowski
Project Leading Inspector – Jarosław Skrzypek
Financial Project Coordinator – Bożena Westen
www.eeagrants.org www.norwaygrants.org www.mkidn.gov.pl